View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #2621
bar1004
bar1004 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What do you mean by double tapping the power button?
Also, what do you mean by information gathering?
By double taping power button I mean double clicking, i.e. clicking power button and doing it again within ~1-2 seconds.
By information gathering I mean screen on the left below (sometimes it bugs out and displays text above 'screensaver' image, but most of the time the text is on blank screen), that looks like some sort of debugging reboot with logging capability. After that disappears Kindle performs normal power on cycle (on the right).
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170809_120205.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	158322Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170809_120714.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	158323

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Go to first post of this thread, where you got the jb file and read (again) the first section marked in green: "What does it do?"
That is the complete description, there is nothing else that it does.
I just though that this may be some sort of debugging reset that is added with jailbreak.

Quote:
There is no other reason to 'double tap' the power button (unless you are running something of twobob's that requires that as an exit command).
I use it only because sometimes my backlight bugs out with the magnetic cover and doesn't turn on even though the Kindle is awake and displays normally (also sometimes screen turns off, but not backlight, but this is much less common). Typically cycling the screen fixes that, but if I click the button too fast it reboots, like I described before.

Quote:
Given the above, if you have any more questions, please post what firmware version you are running and all of the things you have installed since you jailbroke it.
I'm running firmware 5.3.3 (downgraded thanks to holocen's post) on PW1 (B024) and jailbroken thanks to this topic, if I remember correctly I have only installed ixtab's Collections Manager (I don't remember installing anything else and that's only .azw2 file in documents folder).

Last edited by bar1004; 08-09-2017 at 06:48 AM.
bar1004 is offline   Reply With Quote