Thread: Writer's Forums
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
SaranderBrander
SaranderBrander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, the cheap one
There are many different kinds of communities where you can ask the one question I think is most important to an independent content creator. "What am I doing that no one else is?" In order to promote my ebook, as well as have a good time chatting, learning, and discovering more about the medium in general, I joined about 20-some completely different forums for variety's sake.

The ones that have been most helpful to me in terms of writing support are the ones that hew closest to the subject matter of my story. (Ska)

So, what are you writing about? Where's the internet forum filled with people dedicated to that topic?

I noticed in another thread that Lemurion posted his back cover blurb for his 1930s pulp action adventure story. My hunch tells me that the advice he received to remove some gorillas and shorten his sentences is good in general, but not necessarily right for his specific genre. He might get a second opinion from forums dedicated to 'Doc Savage' novels. What were the original back cover blurbs like? Can Lemurion take what stands out about them and intensify them?
SaranderBrander is offline   Reply With Quote