Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #47
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
With 2.6.1, I eliminated the footer altogether - I prefer it this way.
With 2.8.1 it may not be as straightforward. Metazoa's patch generator seems to be the easiest way to modify the footer.
I did not switch to 2.8.1 yet, so I'm not sure.
But Metazoa says his patcher does not eliminate the footer in 2.8.1 completely.
Now he released mz_koboreaderpatch_06 where there are four additional things that you can do only with 2.8.1.

The new things exclusively for 2.81 are:

1. Removing the native fonts from the list (only from the list - the fonts themselves are still available if/when required) - it would be a good feature but I am using only one additional font so I still have it on the first page.

2. Controlling the brightness of the light with the step = 1% instead of 10% with +/- buttons - I don't use the light at all - so I don't care.
Actually, I do care - I want very much to be able to map the useless to me light on/off hardware button to "next page" so I could avoid touching the screen (yuck!!!) as much as possible

3. An additional Russian language keyboard layout (so, I assume there was a Russian keyboard already?) - so far I never attempted to use a Russian keyboard on Aura, so, I guess - I don't care.

4. The browser now should download any files - I never used the browser on Aura and I was not aware what files it could or could not download - so I don't care.

So, I don't see a compelling reason to move to 2.8.1 yet.

Here is mz_koboreaderpatch_06:

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...c0ad98#1079433
or directly:
http://rghost.ru/48210870

Last edited by parkher; 08-19-2013 at 03:55 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote