View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #370
dgvirtual
Enthusiast
dgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with others

Device: Kobo Glo
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
If you use native mode (-n) in the first couple of steps, there should be no loss of fidelity at all--you can use -n as long as you aren't doing re-flow. But even if you don't use native mode, you just need to keep the output resolution high enough, and you should be fine. Use the -dr option to increase the display resolution of the output PDF file if you are not using native mode. E.g. -dr 2 will double the default output resolution. The image format within the PDF file (when not using native output mode) defaults to lossless (.png), so you shouldn't have to change that. If you can't get it, then post a few more pages of your sample and the commands you are using, and I can check and advise.

Thanks for explanation. Native mode does not work here, since the file is scanned. It might well be jpeg-based... Now, if the original pdf is composed of jpeg images, would the k2pdfopt convert it to a png based pdf in any step of the three below?

But then I tried to repeat the steps by which I got the pdf with quality loss and I got stuck I do not know how I succeeded the first time...

Here are the three commands I used:

Code:
k2pdfopt -ui- -mode copy -n -grid 2x1x0 -w 1t -h 1t page01.pdf -o page1.pdf

k2pdfopt -ui- -mode copy -ml 0.5 -mr 0.2 page1.pdf -o page2.pdf

k2pdfopt -ui- -as -w 758 -h 942 -odpi 213 -om 0.04 page2.pdf -o page3.pdf
First one runs ok, second one produces errors and saves an empty output file. Output looks like this:

Code:
Reading 4 pages from page1.pdf ...
warning: unknown keyword: 'e-14'
warning: unknown keyword: 'e-14'
SOURCE PAGE 1 of 4 (5.9 x 8.3 in) ... 0 new pages saved.
And I never get the chance to run the third command

Could you tell me what is it that goes wrong here? I am attaching the original image... page01.pdf
dgvirtual is offline   Reply With Quote