View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #51
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Your best counter-example to my claim about eReader hacking is someone acquitted five years before the first Kindle was introduced?

I see no difference between that web site and one telling people how to pick locks. Many people use lock-picking skills, whether physical or digital, for pro-social reasons, but many do not. My personal preference is for such sites to be legal, but freedom of speech for lock-pickers is not a fundamental freedom.
Freedom of speech is Fundamental to America. It has to be the great exception to take it away.

The usual exception given is "falsely shouting fire" in a crowded theater where the resulting turmoil might bring immediate danger to people.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can coax or trick people into criminal activity (like a contract murder), or use the freedom of speech to commit that kind of activity (fraud) yourself.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote