View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #55
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post

Downloading a file is not the same as theft of a physical object. It's not theft at all, as I see it. "Unauthorized copying" is probably the best term. I do think downloading is wrong, because creative people should be supported and compensated for their time, talent, and effort, and becuase they should have control of their intellectual property (for a time. Life + 75 years is ludicrous).
There is no reason that unfettered access to content and unlimited downloads should mean no compensation to the creator...

I suppose the problem is thus, if a book is available anywhere it should be available everywhere.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote