View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
There was an article in the Grauniad the other day by Ray Connolly called "Who needs publishers?"

Today, there is this response. I didn't find it convincing; I think that they missed the biggest benefit of publishers - that of being properly edited and proofed.
They mentioned "editorial input" which seems to me to be the most important thing. This probably inludes being edited and proofed. But proofing something anybody can do. It is the editorial input that is important.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote