View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #10
pondscum
Enthusiast
pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks for that. I really didn't know how PocketBook and Vivlio were associated (although the hardware looked identical) — I just assumed it was a French branch of PocketBook (or something along those lines), but now I see there's more to it. So, I'm guessing, that the Vivlio might be a little cheaper because it's partially subsidized by eBook sellers (kind of like a Kindle or a Kobo).
That's my guess as well. It's the "razors and blades" marketing model.

Anyway, if you decide the Inkpad 3 is the right device for you, don't hesitate about ordering a Vivlio-branded one if that's cheaper or more convenient than buying a Pocketbook-branded one, since they are all compatible underneath the label.
pondscum is offline   Reply With Quote