View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
How do the first few pages read?
Well ... the plain answer to that would be misleading.

The story is apparently of a kidnapped child's experiences and his escape and recovery from the same. It picks up in the middle and it's actually kind of confusing, which seems to be deliberately done to emphasize the material.

The second chapter settles down and isn't muddled at all. It's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's far from the worst. Not my usual fare, of course, no magic swords or spaceships, you know.

It's contains a high level of description, but it's not burdensome, to me, at least. Of course since the first part of the second chapter deals with being a child in Houston, in the '70s, I suppose I relate to it better than many might.

I think my recommendation is that if you think that it sounds interesting enough, go ahead and send off for the book. If it turns out you don't like it, you don't have to finish reading it, and all you'd miss out on is entering the contest. Of course the final decision on that is entirely up to the individual.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote