View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #10
gravdev
gravdev began at the beginning.

Device: KA1, PW3
@frostschutz: Doh, you're totally right . Somehow, when I checked out that site earlier, that image carousel didn't load properly in my browser. Seemed odd that they'd go through the trouble of opening up their device and not post pics... Feeling a bit foolish for not realizing my error before posting - my bad.

Still though, I it would be ideal if they had at least one photo of the entire PCB with everything in focus. Basically, I wish they had a shot similar to this, but with the device taking up the entire image frame at the same resolution.

The photos they have posted are the best I've seen of the KA1's internals, but a lot of the shots employ a pretty shallow DoF, making a lot of the interesting bits too blurry. That aside, they certainly look nice for the purposes of a review.

I'm primarily interested in a detailed photo of the PCB to see if there is a serial header onboard, allowing for all manner of interesting projects, such as
kobo - NetBSD Wiki/. The thru-holes in this image look promising, although the labels are out of focus. :/

Admittedly, when it comes to embedded systems, I'm but a mere hobbyist. Most of my experience in this realm, to date, consists of following guides written by people smarter than myself, in order to recover otherwise bricked devices. So while I might know enough to be dangerous, without some level of expert hand-holding, I don't quite trust myself to void my warranty messing with the underlying hardware. Well, not yet at least
gravdev is offline   Reply With Quote