View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #44
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
If you're all so concerned about storage then why don't you get a WiFi NAS drive... I run a 3TB personal cloud system - it's all under my control with no worrying about other people controlling my data- and I can access it happily from my computers, Nexus, iPad and Galaxy at home or anywhere I can get WiFi or use my Galaxy as a mobile hotspot... 3TB seems to be enough for the moment and it also acts as a backup for data on other drives.
How does that work? Can any iPad app access the files stored on there, or do you have to store only certain kinds of data? For example, could I store Wired magazine that I have in Newstand on the cloud drive instead of on the iPad itself, and then access each issue the same way I do now?

Or is this strictly to store movies and photos and those kinds of things that aren't app specific?

I suspect it's the latter, because I've been poking around in Newstand and the Settings, and I can't find anywhere where I'd be able to tell the iPad to look elsewhere for the magazines.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote