View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For plural, use the same convention for proper nouns as you would for any other noun. So:

The Dougherteys like to eat fish.

Typically a noun that ends in "s" gets an "es" at the end for the plural, so:

The Joneses like to eat fish.

It gets trickier when you use the possessive, especially with the possessive and plural together, and the extreme case with a family name that already ends in S with the possessive and plural together. I don't even try to remember what to do in this case. I just google it if I need it. (Try googling "plural possessive proper nouns")
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote