View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #112
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
ARM port of k2pdfopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I asked William through email for the same requests you mentioned here, like 6-7 months ago... His concern was if Kindle can handle the time/resource consuming that k2pdfopt undertakes and I replied yes... I think he might be working on something, but I'm not sure... About source code, it's unlikely, but I'd really appreciate too.
I am not working on anything for ARM. An ARM port from me is not likely to happen any time soon. My main concern is that I have no experience with ARM development and would have to port nearly a dozen open-source libraries (~1 million lines of code) to ARM--no small task, and I have other priorities at the moment (like adding OCR). Finally, as cscat said, the memory use and CPU use of k2pdfopt is considerable. I think the results would typically be frustratingly slow.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote