View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikk View Post
I would buy the 505 again because I know I love it but first I'd have to find one in a 3rd party store and the ones I've found with quick searches are basically the same price as the newer 600 and why not get the newer unit if it's even only just as good as the 505 with some nice extra bells and whistles (even if I'd probably not use them; who knows maybe at some point I'd want to).
Don't know what retailers are near you, but my local Target is clearancing out their 505's for $230ish (apparently varies by store) and Wal-Mart has it for $229

Quote:
I'd buy the 300 second if it was basically identical to the 505 with only the lack of memory card (basically only concerned if the screen is as good). I like the price and to be honest I never used any advanced features on the 505 and if the 300 is the same just minus the extra bells and whistles (MP3 meh); I just read books.
The screen is an inch smaller, but most if not all reviews agree that it's pretty much a smaller stripped down 505 for a nice price. The screen is the same Viziplex tech as the 505.

Quote:
So here's the kicker and the dilemna. I have a ton of LRF files, a ton of unlocked LIT files, some LRX I bought from the Sony store and random other formats found online (PDF, TXT, etc). Just how hard is it to put those on the Kindle? Can you even put a locked Sony LRX file on the kindle? I could live without the few LRX files I have, if there was a compelling argument but it's something to consider. But I definitely don't want to have to give up the LIT, etc files I have.
At this point nothing can be done with the LRX files. Supposedly when Sony switches their store to epub in a few months you'll be able to re-download your books as epubs which can be de-DRM'd and converted.

LIT's are no problem they're no harder to convert to Mobi/prc for the Kindle than they are to convert to LRF for the Sony. Basically if Calibre will convert it to LRF for the Sony then it will convert it to Mobi/prc for Kindle.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-28-2009 at 07:21 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote