View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #31
Peripathetic
Enthusiast
Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu4t View Post
I am unable to PM anyone neither... maybe it is because I just signed in and I have to wait for some time to be able to send PMs
If anything it's because you haven't made enough posts (I don't know the settings here but 10 is a common requirement).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzesiek View Post
I'd like to ask- is it possible to install a Kobo Clara HD firmware on a Tolino Shine 3? If it is- how to do it? Both readers have practicaly the same hardware. I think it should be possible to write a Kobo's system image on a sd card and replace the card in a Tolino, but if it will work?
It shouldn't work out of the box, the SoC (CPU) is different. You might be able to make it work though if you compile your own kernel. Seems kernel support for the Tolino Shine 3 was added last year.

Not sure why you'd want to that though: Tolino's Android-based platform seems like a much better choice for customization.
Peripathetic is offline   Reply With Quote