View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
i'm just now exploring using collections from the device and the amazon page because calibre can't support them. <sigh>

i apologize in advance because just trying to describe the behavior is going to get real confusing real fast.

i have created a collection using the amazon page called /Amazon/ to hold all my amazon books (to separate them from the ones i sideload from calibre).

i added all 56 of my books to this collection using the web page. all 56 items are downloaded to my kindle.

after a sync, the /Amazon/ collection showed up on my oasis2, but with only 49 items when i used the /downloaded/ tab, but the collection shows 56 items when selecting the /all/ tab.

i restarted the kindle and sync'd like 6 times, but i can't get the kindle to recognize that there are 56 items in the /Amazon/ collection. i was under the impression that my collections would sync automatically between the amazon site and the kindle. where is my misunderstanding?

one huge problem is the horrific amazon excuse for a user interface to sort items. it's really hard to describe how badly it sucks for anyone who is as ocd as i am and am driven to organize down to the last nit.

tks, /guy
Are you seeing 49 on the downloaded tab and 56 on the All tab?

If so then 7 books are not yet downloaded to your device. Select the All tab and page through looking for any without a black tick in the bottom left hand of the cover. Once all books have been downloaded then you will seem the same number on both All and downloaded. Also if you long press on the collection cover information will be displayed that tells you how many books your have in the collection and how many are downloaded to your device.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote