View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 02:01 AM   #1156
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Timboli: Just merge all files and re-split either via a conversion or XPath or manually
Good idea. That hadn't occurred to me.

Thanks.

EDIT
It proved to be a little tricky initially, as broken chapter links did not help, and I did not feel like refreshing my mind about Xpath (something XML related I seem to recall). So in the end, I did the following.

1. Made sure all the chapter links were correct (both ways).
2. Selected all the split files, and merged them (using that right-click option).
3. Set up Split points at the start of each chapter number & block of HTML, by inserting the following text <br split=""/>.
4. I then split to the individual chapter files with that, using the code page's right-click option, plus removed the inserted text from the start of each chapter afterward.
5. Then I did a Bulk Rename, placing part00 at the beginning of each page filename, then specifying to start numbering at the appropriate number.

It all took a while, but worked well.

P.S. Kovid, perhaps you could add a Split marker option, like Sigil has?
P.S.S. First time I have used the calibre Editor, as I was not really properly aware of it, and have just used Sigil in the past, which it is very similar to I might add. Aside from the '<' button being a Revert one, which I keep thinking is a Back button, I quite like it.

Last edited by Timboli; 09-03-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote