View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #24
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
@GrannyGrump Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this whole batch file thing is also over my head, and I really shouldn't have to be learning all of these different tweaks in order to make a portable program run properly. The fact is that this is a temporary situation. Under normal circumstances, I'm only using Calibre from one computer(though I'd use it on my tablet too if Calibre had an Android version). If I normally used multiple computers, I'd probably put the program on a smaller thumb drive where I wouldn't have an issue with putting it much closer to the root.

@BetterRed The renamed Calport folder did work with the folder mapped to a drive letter, so I think the real issue here is the fact that it wasn't reading it properly despite being under the path length specified by the error I received. If the requirements are less than what the error specified, then that needs fixing. Once I get my laptop back I might shorten the backup folder on the external HD to see if that helps, but when I'm actively relying on this backup to run things, it would just create too many problems.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote