View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #56
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It does, but when the light gets so bright that the frontlight can't "compete", it'll turn off. At least that's what the Voyage does, and I've no reason to suppose that the Oasis will behave differently. Unfortunately at this time of year in Britain I can't test that!
I had not been aware that the voyage does this and did not have it with me yesterday. I tried it out today, and it does behave a little differently compared to the Oasis 2. The Voyage brightens as light increases util it is in sunlight, when it goes dimmer in several steps before stopping at 0. these steps are shown in the brightness setting box if it is open. The Oasis 2 goes directly to 0 when exposed to sunlight.

I tried a 200 lumen LED on the voyage last night, but that was too borderline to get reliably repeatable behavior.

One other minor difference was the Oasis 2 turns its light back on as soon as it enters a shadow. I had to close the cover on the voyage or take it indoors to get its light back on.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote