View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #64
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I'm afraid that I'm inclined to think that the photos are real. I think we may be seeing a lot of people hoping it's not real and saying that it must be a fake.

I work in Photoshop everyday for my job (graphic artist), so sure, it could be a fake set up, but based on the lighting, placement, color, etc, I don't think it's a Photoshop fake.

Now it may be an early prototype or something, but I have a feeling that it's an actual real world device that someone took a photo of. Maybe a fake real world device (plastic, mock-up, prototype, whatever) but it exists.

I think that the real Kindle 2.0 will look very similar to these pics. Also in the world of pranking, I would think that pranking an ebook device would be pretty low on the list of priorties for someone trying to make a name for themselves.

I just hope that it's not really bigger than the current Kindle like it appears to be in they pics and specs. And if the take away the battery changing option, then that seems a step backward as well.

If this is the real deal, I probably don't see myself updating unless you can change fonts. My biggest issue with my Kindle is I HATE the font they use--I think it's called "Caecilia." I like the Cybook idea of being able to switch out the fonts.

So yeah, I personally think we are sorta doomed to see something like this. But then again, I hope I'm totally wrong and this IS a big prank because I think it's uglier than the current Kindle. I was one of the few that didn't think the current one was ugly, but the Kindle 2 version is a different beast.

Last edited by tsgreer; 10-06-2008 at 12:57 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote