View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Problems with the epub conversions might be due to the fact that the mobi's I posted were converted from the LRF copies of the books. That is the problems might be the result of running the books through conversion twice.
That may be part of it, but I'm used to cleaning up .html inconsistencies, and as long as they are not overwhelming, I can usually get satisfactory results.

Quote:
Have you tried downloading the LRF's and converting them to epubs nrapallo? Or did you start with the LRF files to begin with?
I originally downloaded all the .lrf ebooks and was going to use LRFTools to convert them to .epub, however, the first few conversions I did showed me that a lot of work was needed to get them working properly.

You've helped that cause by posting these .mobi ebook conversions, so I saw an opportunity to use those .mobi ebooks as the source for my .epub conversions. I'm already done converting them all to .epub and have started to tweak some to get a sense of the task at hand. After finishing one (I selected H.C.26, the late comer), I think I'll be able to fix the rest hopefully the same way.

The resulting .epub converted from mobi is attached and was created by using following ebook-convert command:
Code:
ebook-convert "H.C.26_Continental Drama - Harvard Classics.mobi" .epub --title "H.C.26_Continental Drama" --authors "Eliot, Charles W. (editor)" --publisher="Harvard Classics" --chapter "//h2" --no-default-epub-cover --remove-first-image --output-profile=sony
Here's the output of that conversion:
Code:
1% Converting input to HTML...
InputFormatPlugin: MOBI Input running
on D:\ebooks-HC\H.C.26_Continental Drama - Harvard Classics.mobi
Parsing all content...
Forcing Harvard_Classics_Volume_XXVI.html into XHTML namespace
34% Running transforms on ebook...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Removed first image
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Removing fake margins...
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Trimming 'images/00006.jpg' from manifest
Trimming 'images/00002.jpg' from manifest
Creating EPUB Output...
67% Creating EPUB Output
Rescaling image from 584x754 to 566x731 images/calibre_cover.jpg
	Looking for large trees in Harvard_Classics_Volume_XXVI.html...
	Found large tree #106
	Split into 110 parts
The cover image has an id != "cover". Renaming to work around bug in Nook Color
EPUB output written to D:\ebooks-HC\H.C.26_Continental Drama - Harvard Classics.epub
Output saved to   D:\ebooks-HC\H.C.26_Continental Drama - Harvard Classics.epub
After using ePubFixer coupled with tweak_epub (set as Sigil editor ), I was able to produce a "fixed" version. I'll attach these samples to this post for a limited time and then delete them.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote