View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Apparently, when using one you really appreciate the difference in quality compared to a laptop screen or iphone screen.

I'm pretty sold about the iPad but that is largely driven by my needs for a good magazine and comic reader (in addition to the internet/apps/games/movies etc).

If Amazon had announced a color Kindle this month, which did Internet at a price point of around $350 it would have been a difficult choice. But they haven't announced anything, and the Apple device is cheap for what it can do.
I agree entirely. I am hoping the current lack of iBooks in the UK is temporary (less temporary than the iTunes Music Store was). This could be the first generation of an amazing new tyoe of device - I want one on my next trip (which unfortunately is sooner than 58 days!).

Sonist - great summary; thank you.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote