View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #84
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Because that's a -bluntly - naive and unrealistic view of what will actually happen, for many people. The people giving 1 star reviews show the author that there's a market for ebooks, if they make them available promptly and at a sensible price.

Other people, a lot of other people? Already downloaded it from the darknet and are reading it. More restrictions will only push this ratio up. It's deliberately self-destructive behaviour from the publishers which clearly shows they're ignoring the lessons of the music industry.

By giving those reviews thumbs down, you're supporting unauthorised copying by helping ti hide the consequences of the decisions which are boosting darknet usage. Plain and simple. Think not only about your actions, but the full consequences of those actions.

Amazon show both high and low score review when you look at a book, it's not like it stops you from - easily - seeing high scoring reviews or anything.

(Me? I've bought it second hand, and sent a picture of the book with the receipt on it to the author. And I'll be buying his books second hand for some years to come.)

Actually, I might do that. Closing on 200 books of interest/recommended that are georestricted. I might do a list and see how many are available for free in the usual places, too.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote