View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #22481
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Argh!!!! I want to strangle one of my son's college professors. My son graduates from college next month. He has the opportunity to go for a week long interview process in Alaska for some oil companies (they are bringing in 8-10 interviewees for several positions), but the interviews are during finals week. Ok, no problem, he thought, I'll ask if I can take my finals early. The first one he asked surely had no problem with it and wished him all the luck in the world. One professor said she doesn't have the test finished yet so, no. Not much of a problem, he doesn't have to take that final to pass.
One instructor, however, point-blank refused. He doesn't care that the job market is slim, and my son has nothing else working right now, or that this is a great opportunity in his field (the same field the instructor is in, computers).
The company cannot work with my son and bring him up at a different time because it would be too expensive and not fair to the other interviewees. So my son graduates in three weeks and has no job prospects. Stupid, stupid, professor ******** (I couldn't think of a bad enough expletive).
Not sure if this is a dumb question but, is there any one else that can overrule the professor in this circumstance? This is really serious as far as I'm concerned. The professor is basically costing your son a job for no good reason other than arrogance.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote