View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #22474
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
[RANT] How many line-up changes can a band have and still be allowed to have the same name?!!??! Look at the chart below for ASIA: Twenty-two members, four slots. The most consistant member was Geoffrey Downes, and even he took a year off.... [/RANT]
Yeah, they can't seem to know how to stick together

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Never will I forget seeing Emerson, Lake, and Palmer playing to a partially filled auditorium on the same weekend that KC and the Sunshine Band sold out the auditorium across the river playing by playing all three of their chords (including their recently incorporated at the time F major triad) to a bunch of brain-dead kids who wouldn't know music if it bit 'em in the backside.

I agree on the commercial side, although progressive isn't for everyone. King Crimson for instance is making music quite opposite to mainstream.
And even when one likes progressive rock, changing once in a while is refreshing.

Songs like The Smile has Left your Eyes are just

Edit: By the way, I'm impressed by this Sam Coulson guy, the one covering for Steve Howe. He wasn't even born when the band was at its peak, but he sure can play the guitar!

Last edited by samhy; 04-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote