View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #51
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Glad you like the plugin. But I'm afraid any attempt to automate such a process is going to leave one "hoping they didn't stuff it up."

First and foremost, I create tools that I need/want for my own use; and happily share them with others who may be looking for similar tools. But I'm afraid I long ago grew tired of trying to "fix" ebook code that was so bad its paragraphs weren't clearly delineated. Now I just discard that sort of soup and look (or wait) for something better with which to start. I still like to spend more time reading ebooks than I do working on them, after all.

I think calibre's line unwrapping feature (part of its conversion options) does as admirable a job as any at this sort of thing, but there's always going to be some guessing and hoping (and proofing and reproofing) going on.
That's fair enough. I decided to try and make use of the 'regex functions'. I've got most of the way there, but some of my regex is still not quite right

I mainly come across this particular issue with some fanfiction (depends on the website) and webfiction (spacebattles, I'm looking at YOU).
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote