View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
khashayar
khashayar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
PDF highlights and Zotfile extraction

I'm a new user of Koreader, running it on a Kobo Aura One mostly for reading research material, which is to say most reading PDF documents. I'm very happy with Koreader as a PDF viewer - so first off, thanks a bunch for developing it!

I also use Zotero + Zotfile for management of PDFs. In my workflow, I highlight text in the PDF:s with Koreader, and then import those PDFs from the Kobo to Zotero. Using Zotfile I would like to extract the highlights.

Most of this works fine, except that Zotfile for some reason fails to extract the highlights made in Koreader, specifically. I assume this in fact is an issue with Zotfile's extraction routine, and not Koreader, since opening the PDFs in a PDF reader on the computer (in my case Okular), I can see the highlights (although they're black squiggly things covering the text). If I use Okular to re-highlight the highlighted text, Zotfile is then able to extract them without problems.

Now, as mentioned above, this does seem to be a problem with Zotfile, rather than Koreader, but I'm curious to know if anyone else is having a similar setup, and if there's a workaround? Are there any settings in Koreader I'm missing? Is anyone else doing anything similar to what I'm trying to do with better success?
khashayar is offline   Reply With Quote