View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 02:41 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominover View Post
Obviously by using a computer.. How do you add books to the T3 using a computer if you can't connect to KOBO or any other bookstore? That's the whole point of me asking this. Kobo e-readers allow you to drop in PDF files and EPUB ebooks and the reader just includes them like any other book. Is there any way to do this with the T3? If not...then is there some alternative firmware I can flash/install onto it to allow me to do this?
Yes. Unless there is something wrong with your T3 you just connect it to the computer via USB and drop files into your "books" directory (Sony_Reader > media > books). What might be causing an issue is that the T3 opens two partitions — one is called SETUP (you don't move files into that one) the other is your normal eBook partition called "READER." For some reason the "SETUP" partition is the one that pops up when your first connect. Just eject that one and look for the one that says READER.

The Sony T3 works just like the Kobo in this regard. Just copy and paste books from the computer into the T3 (or drag and drop them).

As JSWolf says, you can also use Calibre if you want to organize your books. Calibre will recognize the T3. (If I've missed something, please let me know. I can be dense at times.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-05-2022 at 02:44 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote