View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 08:59 AM   #4
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There was one store I used to shop at that would have an author who was doing a promotion in store to sign some extra copies and those would be put up for sale. So even if you missed the event, you might be able to get a signed copy.
The university bookstore I used to attend would often feature famous speakers, and they would often do book signings. They'd also usually sign some overstock copies, and those would find their way into the bookstore. That was nice, particularly for the scenario you mentioned.

I do feel like an autopen would cheapen the feeling of it, though. If the author did not personally sign it for you, then what's the point?
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote