View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 04:03 AM   #37
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I built the code into the metadata editor. Press the button next to the IDs, and it is matched against the rules and then the metadata source plugins (using "id_from_url") to find an identifier.

When I press the button to the left of the {ids} text box, in the Metadata Edit General tab, calibre interrogates the clipboard for an ISBN number, if there's nothing resembling an ISBN I'm prompted to enter one.

If I right click in the {ids} text box, there's an "Edit identifiers in a dedicated window" option, it pops a simple text box into which I can enter keyname:value pairs e.g. books_etc:9780571345809 or torygraph_review:mere-wife-review-beowulf-updated-modern-new-york/

Am I missing something?

I'd rather enter a name (maybe select from a drop down list of what's in Preferences->L&F) followed by a complete URI including the protocol name, the latter is usually waiting in the clipboard. As it is I have to paste it into the text box and carefully chop off the front bit e.g. "https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/"

Re the Wide Button, my problem with it is that I forget where it is. Book Details seems an unlikely place - but I can't think of a less unlikely place

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote