View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
stargazertony
Connoisseur
stargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch, Pre-electronic devices
Only a $50 discount for no 3G. Don't think that's enough. Kobo is coming out with their $150 bare bones unit and I think that's high. It should be only $99, or less. I'm guessing the Nook 2 will come out at $300 or more and that's pushing it to near the price of some slates. That's an unacceptable price. My next phone update will be to a smart-phone with e reading capabilities. I must carry a phone with me so I question my need for a high priced dedicated e reader (and my iPod Touch). Add in the price increases for new e books and the total cost of reading for a year is getting pretty high. I don't need to read the latest things so can wait until it's on sale at one of the e publishers or the physical book gets to the used book store.

Last edited by stargazertony; 04-18-2010 at 07:39 AM.
stargazertony is offline   Reply With Quote