View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #6
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
No it does not have power saving mode with screen blanked out, but ... You can switch it off, with something on the screen ;-)

Seriously.
You activate power saving mode by briefly pressing the off button. The buttons are deactivated (so you can put it into your pocket) and a little key icon is displayed hear the switch. The off button can be assigned to other functions through menus
Main -> Settings -> Key Mapping.

If you assign the off button to some other interesting function, like screenshot or list of most recently used books, you can have device to enter the sleep mode automatically.
Main -> Settings -> Clock -> Lock keyboard after.

As I said at the beginning you can have the device to display custom image when it is switched off.
You put your images in bmp format, 600x800 pixels, 8 levels of grayscale in system/logo directory when you connect the device to USB.
Then you can set up what picture to display
Main -> Settings -> Appearance -> Power off logo
Kacir you are the man! The manual is not very clear on what the lock keyboard do, so it is basically a 'sleep', and I can left it 'locked' for say, hours or days, without worrying if the skin will burn or battery run out (it will, eventually, but not that fast).

Now if fbreader get better epub support this thing will fly. I discovered last night the reflow mode in PDF (holding the OK button while reading a PDF) and everything became so much better. The size option is limited, but still, I can read my PDFs. And that is great.
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote