View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You can set the default dictionary to any (non-DRMed) mobipocket dictionary you have. I added my Chambers dictionary, set it to be default, and now it uses that instead of the American dictionary it comes with.

It uses the default both for the 'quick lookup' that pops up at the bottom of the page, and also when you choose to go to the full dictionary page. (Where you also have access to a search of the dictionary by typing what you want to look up.)

I'm very pleased with the dictionary lookup on the Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
Does anyone knows if there is a way i could use the dictionary i mentioned as default in Kindle? I don't mind if i have to put some (or a lot of) work in converting the dictionary or stuff like that, but i don't want to buy the device if it will be impossible for me, despite the amount of work and research, to use the search function in my dictionary while reading books.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-22-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added note about searching dictionary
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote