View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #15
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
crane3 - thanks for all of the research you're putting into this!

Have you tried in a book that has multiple images? What I'm seeing is that when I have a book (usually in MOBI format) with multiple images (as far as I can tell, any size, any format), if I long-press an image, I am always taken to what I call the "gallery" - an area in which I am shown the first image in the book against a black background, with a series of thumbnails along the bottom. I can navigate through that gallery by swiping or selecting a thumbnail, and for a given image I can zoom using multi-touch as you described.

The gallery always starts me on the first image in the book, not the one I long-pressed on.

This sounds a lot like what you called the "basic" zoom mode, but from your description, it seems like you may have had only one image in the book.

I see this behavior on both my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and my Galaxy Note 2.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote