View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #19
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I just finished listening to Code Name Verity, which I'd purchased before the SYNC list was released. It's a fascinating WWII story of two British women, one a pilot, the other a spy.

While it was an excellent listen, I think the book's complexity and the author's skill in constructing the plot get shortchanged in the audio version, just by the very nature of the medium. I often wanted to refer back to certain events and details as I was listening, so I would recommend getting a paper or digital copy of the book to follow along.
Thanks for the info.

To others who, like me, do not care for fiction . . . . catlady implied this in her post about this audiobook, but I doublechecked to make sure: this is historical fiction.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-02-2014 at 11:45 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote