View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #76
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I have to agree. The user interface is one of the worst I have seen so far.
Calibre interface was one of things that held me back from using it for other things than conversion and sending books to PRS-500 for quite a long time. Fortunatelly, today you can replace that icon bar at the top with a menu, so I can customize it to my liking
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I'm still not able to control Calibre (e.g. Calibre still wants to sync everything to an E-Book Reader connected with an USB cable).
The solution is very easy.
Go to the Preferences, Plugins, Device Interface Plugins and disable all the plugins you see there.

I asked our local Calibre gurus some time ago, how to prevent Calibre from connecting to my reader every time I connect it and somebody pointed me there. I was very happy ... You see, I like to organize books on my reader the way *I* like it, using custom templates and 'save to disk'. I know, I know there are plugboards that I could use when connecting to device that haven't fully utilized yet.

By the way, have a look at plugins. If you disable the html2zip plugin, Calibre will not try to convert a single html file to a html.zip file when adding a book.
Then there are interesting plugins you can istall.

Calibre is *very* modular, so you can tweak, enable, disable or easily change [by editing a python script for plugin somewhere] quite a few things.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote