View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I feel that Consumer Reports has been out of touch with consumers for quite awhile. The Kobo Aura is the best eReader available right now and it is set to go on sale through the independent bookstores next month. I can't walk through the largest independent in my city without passing a Kobo display. The older Kobos have been readily available for a long time, at least to people who shop in bookstores.

It's more a problem with the press than the market. Reporters always use the word "Kindle" when they mean eReader and most people don't know there is anything else so you're right, you get better help from Mobileread, Teleread, etc. Shoot, even YouTube is a better source for information about eBooks and readers than Consumer Reports.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote