View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #40
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Fair enough, although I would have to ask how many people (in general - not here) even bother to look how much the paper copy is when buying an ebook.

Most of my purchases were from Kobo or, alas, BOB so I never saw the paper price. I also never look at the price of a CD when getting an mp3. I suspect I am not alone in this, or even in the minority, many people buy it depending on if the price is right for them - not if they can get it in a different format for less.

There is probably a discussion going on at TreeRead Forums (made up name) how people refuse to buy a paperback if the ebook is cheaper.
When I buy a book from the Amazon web page, it shows not just the price of the Kindle version, but the price of the paper version as well. It may well be that posters on a forum dedicated to e-books may be willing to pay more for an e-book than for a paper book, but that's not necessarily a representative sample of readers. It's become largely a moot point, a significant majority e-books cost less than the paper book.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote