Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #171
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I'm for any region being chosen for any reason as they're all great choices, but be aware that the criteria is that an author should be from the region chosen.
Nabokov became an American in 1945, Lolita was written in English and the setting is a trip across the USA. I don't see how by any criterion it could be considered to be anything but an American work. I admit it, some books are hard to slot, but not this one!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote