View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Question for READERS :) On perspective

So as an author, I tend to write in the FIRST PERSON point of view. I also tend to have 2-3 main characters that can take the "I" position. I try to make who ever is the "I" character obvious in the first paragraph

I do not in general hear from my readers so I have to guess things based on the little feed back I do get, and hope it extrapolates out.

I hear TWO competing views...

1) One group of readers state they would prefer I put the name of the "I" character as the heading of the chapter. Seems that this group tends to have a higher occurrence of YA readers then the other group, but sample size is not big enough to validate that observation.

2) The second group tells me that is unnecessary and my transitions are normally well done and easy to follow.

So my question for all of you is this... assuming a couple-few main characters do you prefer the "I" character be placed in the chapter heading or handled by the text of the story itself?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote