Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
In April I noticed searchbar searches went from seconds to a minute or more.
Now I really try to spell it right the first time.

I am not sure whether it was an update or library size thing although I know library size contributes. Search is much faster on a smaller library, but I only added 6 books and deleting several hundred had no effect. I also deleted (from a copy of library) all custom columns. no difference.

Library loads in seconds, custom columns built on other columns calculate instantly.

I recently split my library by genre as I am tryng to get a better grip on the genre thing. (I am sure there are better ways to do this but was easiest on my somewhat elderly brain) But after applying a base genre to all books I rebuilt to one library.

Better to have one slower library than 10 fast ones

Pretty sure it is not hardware related as works the same with I7 desktop 12G Ram and I5 laptop 8 G Ram.

Any insight appreciated.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote