View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Has to be a CSS thing. Centering text has never never been an issue with me. Plenty of other quirks to keep one busy, though.

One huge tip for converting ePubs with Kindlegen? Don't assign multiple CSS classes to the same element. Just don't do it:

NO: <p class="italic centered">Stuff</p>
YES: <p class="centered"><span class="italic">Stuff</span></p>

Or just make a single CSS class that does everything you want. But don't stack those classes.
Agreed on the class stacking. We have not had any issues with centering or any other items from ePUB-conversions, it's the only way we make them.

@AThirstyMind: sorry, misread your first sentence in your first post--thought you were uploading the mobi. Feel free to ignore my discussion on that. I'll leave it, though, for others to read who come along. I do think, though, that K8 formatting or not, it's clear that, at least for this time, Amazon is rejecting Calibre-made mobis, at least sporadically enough for it to be problematic.

Can you show us what coding you're using for the centering you cannot get to work?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote