View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
You can access the 2.4 firmware by doing a factory reset and bypassing the registration (since the registration will force an update). The registration can be bypassed using the sqlite3 technique. It may be possible to bypass the registration by backing up the .kobo directory prior to resetting the device then replacing it after the device has been updated.
I don't think backing up the .kobo directory like that won't help. The device is probably looking to see if a user is logged in and that requires the entry in the database.
Quote:
Just one warning: any version of the firmware prior to 2.5 was designed for smaller and lower resolution screens. Some of the controls will be harder to press and the cover view on the home screen will be crammed into the top left corner. There were other bugs, but I forget what they were. (Needless to say, I ended up returning to 2.5.)
That's interesting to hear. I think I'd try it just to see how bad it looked Was the whole screen used when reading a book?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote