View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Yes, let people decide for themselves : Does a photo of a display show you more pertinent information than a /screenshot/ of data being displayed by an OS.

Those /screenshots/ are nothing more than a dump of the framebuffer content. They have, literally, 0, ZERO, connection to what you see on the display on the device in this instance. You are dumping the 1s and 0s that the machine is processing, sticking in its video memory/display buffer, which is being used to show an image on the display panel into a compressed image.

*edit* allow me to correct myself... these are PNGs, so, while compressed, they are lossless. My point still stands.

Again, if you took a photo of your actual display, with an actual camera, you would have something valid to show people. I wouldn't even argue that.

The only, *only*, thing these images show you is the apparent resolution of your display, the orientation of your display, and a few other minor things associated with the color gamut being displayed as well as how the font rendering engines look (and those engines will be optimized for the given type of display, so even that wont help much). That. is. it.

And why are you calling out my choice words like they can be used against me? What the hell. I even stated, clearly, that this was my subjective opinion for the most part and then gave actual thought out reasons why I had this opinion.

Last edited by helf; 01-29-2013 at 08:04 PM.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote