View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Looking back over the books I've read this year, let me pick out a few:

Unsurprisingly, The Lord of the Rings is in top place.
Runners up (non-series):
The Man Who Used the Universe by Alan Dean Foster
Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi
The Book of Kells by R A MacAvoy

Worst? The ones I abandoned.
Bio of a Space Tyrant by Piers Anthony. I used to like his stuff, but since it was pointed out, his sympathetic depictions of paedophiles (in many of his books) is too much.

The Stoneholding by James G NAderson and Mark Sebanc. "Too much of an attempt to be epic, an entirely unconvincing world, and far too much back story shoved in willy-nilly."

Sabazel by Lillian Stewart Carl. Halfway in I just didn't care about anyone or anything in the story.

Runner-up stinker:
Net Force 'by' Tom Clancy
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote