View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #160
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I do know (or at least I think I know) that the Dukes of Anjou became the Plantagenets ... so I'm curious to see if there is any relation of the Duke of Anjou and the early Plantagenet Kings of England. Probably not ... but it's the kind of thing I'm really interested in.
Not quite. The Plantaganets had ruled in both France and England. But the Saint Bartholemew day massacre was in 1572. Elizabeth I was Queen of England. She was a Tudor. There had been plans for her to marry the Duc d'Anjou but it never came off. (In the film, 'Elizabeth' he's portrayed as a cross-dresser.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote