View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Okay, I'll start this off
Hah - usurping my prerogative! (Phone call at the wrong time ...)

a) My device ID is 4163 rev_0110

b) Bought and updated in the UK, but I bought the KT from ebay so I can't say where it originally came from, though all the packaging was in English.

c) It came with 1.9.12 installed. First update to 2.0.0 was by Kobo Desktop, then to 2.1.1 by download and direct install.

d) No problems with updating either time. Both processes very quick (less than five minutes). Page turns are a little slower than before, but the worst is the amount of time it takes to open the Annotations window, and the text-selector that wanders all over the screen (same in both 2.x.x versions). I haven't had the wrong book-cover problem.

I only have sideloaded epubs on my Touch at the moment, stored on the internal memory, though there is an SD card (empty at the moment) installed.
All the updating/loading has been done on WinXP so far. Calibre used for putting books on.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote