View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #139
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by loximuthal View Post
Well, it almost did the job you described. It hung at the "keystroke return" step. Easy enough for me to manually hit the button, but it was kind of disappointing to get so close without completing the process.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should look at to see why this might have happened? As far as I can tell I followed your directions to the letter (copy/paste code into file in the specified directory; chmod per instructions; edited "Open With" config), but I'm not really up on AppleScript.
Increase the delay before sending the return key. I tweaked the values based on my system, ymmv.

Code:
(* Allow time for the filespec to be entered *)
        delay 3
G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote