View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Your command of the language must be better than mine, because I hardly ever read a book that does not include at least a few words that I look up in my dictionary.

Now most of the time, I can figure out what the word means based on the context in which it is used. Before I had the Cybook, which allows me to look words up while I am reading, I often just went with what I thought the word meant. But now I look the word up. Most of the time, my initial thought about the meaning of the word is fairly accurate, but there are some subtle nuances that I would have missed out on if I had not looked the word up.

I remember many years ago looking for a comprehensive electronic dictionary I could carry around with me so I can easily check words that I was unsure of when I read. I never found a very good electronic dictionary - the one that I eventually purchased really did not include most of the words I looked up and I wound up playing hang man with it more than using it for its intended purpose.

I simply love, love, love, the dictionary lookup option on the Cybook!
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote