Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #217
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolframk View Post
As far as I know this isn't a bug. There are two different keyboard layouts, coming with the different dictionaries. One is the qwerty layout that looks similar to the PC keyboard with three rows. The other one is really annoying and has three blocks with 3x3 letters. I think, this is what you referring to. This one works only with the buttons on Pocketbook Pro, letters chosing by marking it and pressing the round button.
When you are converting dictionaries yourself, you should use the new converter, because the new converter supports the better keyboard layout which supports stylus stroking.
I found it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1

Kind regards

Wolf
Hi Wolf, thanks for your reply and the interesting information. Yes, I was referring to the 3x3 letter block layout. I have never tried the dictionary-converter before since I was just using the preinstalled dictionaries, so I haven't yet noticed that there are different dict formats using different keyboard-layouts.

Still it's really nasty since we aren't able to convert the "old" built-in proprietary dictionaries (especially those from lingvo) into "new" ones which have the new touch-enabled keyboard-layout. Is there any chance that the old dicts will get converted to use the new keyboard?
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote